SIP & SAVOUR
Saturdays (8am – 12pm): Harkerville Outdoor Country Market
Midway between Plettenberg Bay and Knysna on the N2
Safe, sunny, al fresco shopping is what this Saturday market is all about. Enjoy local delicacies, beautiful crafts (perfect for last-minute Christmas shopping), music, sunshine, and an entertaining morning spent outdoors. For more information, visit https://www.harkervillemarket.co.za/.
A beautiful breakfast spot: The Grand’s Old Town Caffé
27 Main Str, Plett
For a quick café-style breakfast with beautiful views of the beach, the Grand’s Old Town Caffé is the perfect spot. For more information, visit https://grandafrica.com/grand-rooms-plettenberg-bay/. To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seaside views and whale watching: Enrico’s Restaurant
296 Main Str, Keurboomstrand (just outside Plett)
For a relaxed atmosphere, fresh seafood, and swooping views across the bay to Robberg (perfect for whale and dolphin spotting), visit Enrico’s Restaurant. For more information, visit https://enricorestaurant.co.za/.
Wine not? Newstead Wine Estate & Bramon Wine Estate
Redford Road, The Crags, N2, Plett
Fancy a spot of wine tasting and lunch? We recommend a visit to Bramon Wine Estate, a boutique vineyard, and Newstead Wine Estate, where you can enjoy fresh lunches served on the veranda featuring seasonal produce grown on the farm.
SOAK UP THESE UNIQUE EXPERIENCES
27 December (from 11am): Hotboxed presents Next2Me (Part 1)
Kurland Estate, The Arena
Dance in the open air to a techno-fuelled line up, including headliners Stab Virus and supporting acts by Disco Manos and Hotboxed residents Locked Illusions and Beemindful.
29 December (from 11am): Hotboxed presents Next2Me (Part 2)
Kurland Estate, The Arena
Next2Me Part 2 has a predominately Afro theme with internationally renowned DWSON as the headliner. Dylan Munro will be the opening act, supported by Hotboxed residents Locked Illusions and Beemindful (playing their Live Sunny Sessions).
For more information and to buy tickets, visit https://www.quicket.co.za/organisers/38335-hotboxed.
Watch a polo match: Plett Polo Season is in full swing
The Plett Polo Season 2021/2022 dates:
- 13 – 19 December: Intro Tournament
- 13 – 23 December: Summer Cup 12 Goal and the Shamwari Cup 4 Goal
- 17 – 19 December: Kids Clinic
- 18 December: Kids Clinic braai
- 20 – 23 December: Intro Tournament
- 27 December – 2 Jan: Ladies Tournament
- 29 December: Plett Polo Festival
- 27 December – 8 January: Formosa Cup 10 Goal and 4 Goal
- 2 January: Ladies 18 – 20 Goal Exhibition Match
- 3 – 8 January: Intro Tournament
- 9 – 15 January: Kurland Cup 8 Goal, 2 Goal and Intro
- 15 January: End of Season Party
For more information on the tournaments and exciting activities happening this season, email email@example.com or visit www.plettpolo.co.za.
26 – 30 December: Sabrina Love Summer Challenge
If exploring the great outdoors is your thing, choose from six beautiful trails criss-crossing breath-taking sections of our estate’s indigenous forest.
- Mountain bikers can choose between a 20km and 40km
- Trail runners can choose to run a 6km, 12km or 21km trail.
- The kids can join in the join in the fun by trying their hand at our ‘Kids of Steel’ route.
For more information and to register online, visit https://sabrinalove.co.za/sabrina-love-challenge-2021/.
Tee off in style: Plettenberg Bay Country Club & Goose Valley Gold Club,N2, Plett
Tick these two scenic clubs off your golfing bucket list:
- Plettenberg Bay Golf Club is an 18-hole golf course set in a private nature reserve. https://www.plettgolf.co.za/
- The Goose Valley Golf Club 18-hole signature golf course designed by Gary Player. It also boasts a state-of-the-art driving range, elegant clubhouse with restaurant and bar, and a well-stocked pro shop. https://www.goosevalleygolfclub.com/
Your boots are made for walking: Trails in Robberg Nature Reserve and Nature’s Valley
The fauna and flora in the area make all of these trails unique and memorable:
- The three circular routes on offer in the Robberg Nature Reserve vary in terms of distance and difficulty. They range in time from a 30-minute stroll to a four-hour hike, and all of them offer fantastic views, brisk sea air and sightings of the birds of the peninsula. https://www.capenature.co.za/reserves/robberg-nature-reserve
- When it comes to Nature’s Valley, there are numerous day trails to choose from such as the Salt River Mouth Trail, The Kalander Trail, and the Groot River Trail. A map, which also serves as permit, is available at Nature’s Valley Rest Camp (Tsitsikamma Section). https://www.sanparks.org/parks/garden_route/camps/natures_valley/all.php
All aboard: Ocean Blue Adventures
There’s nothing quite like admiring Plett’s whales and other marine life than from the deck of a boat. Book a trip with Ocean Blue Adventures for dolphin and whale-watching from the deep blue sea: https://oceanadventures.co.za/.
28 December (3pm – 11pm): Let’s Steam by TJOK
Katarinas, Kurland Estate
Local swimwear brand TJOK is hosting an event to remember. There will be drinks for sale, music playing (line up to be announced), and a pop-up shop at the event displaying TJOK’s brand new summer collection, including tote bags, gift cards and magazines hot off the press. For more information, visit this Facebook events page: https://www.facebook.com/events/602518377559972. To buy tickets, click here: https://www.howler.co.za/events/let-s-steam-b0e8?fbclid=IwAR3jXxXMkPQHGa-0wKTnCMU3fR9YZhV9aTWFO_hA_33fndmjPcND2DiEhgc.
Old Nick Village: Retail therapy for all
Old Nick Village, originally built in 1880, is a landmark shopping destination, featuring an eclectic collection of shops owned by creative manufacturers, designers, and curators.
- Every Wednesday (9am – 2pm) they host the Midweek Market where you can find homegrown fruit and vegetables, ethically farmed meat and dairy, as well as other local, natural and homemade products.
· Be sure to visit The Mungo Weaving Mill, which showcases a cross-section of weaving production from pre-industrial revolution to present day. It’s fascinating to see the looms in full action.
The Mill Mohair & Décor Centre: World-leading mohair manufacturing
The Mill, Kirbywood, The Crags (on the road to Monkeyland)
Did you know that South Africa is the world leader in mohair production? It comes from the beautiful Angora goats that roam the open fields of the Karoo region, and we produce more than 60% of the world’s mohair products? A visit to The Mill at the old Cape Mohair factory will give you a chance to see an incredible selection of mohair throws, blankets, scarves, accessories and speciality mohair socks. https://www.cruisethecrags.co.za/cruise/arts-crafts-and-lots-of-drama/the-mill-mohair-shop
Market on Main: A favourite local market
10 Main Str, Plett
The Market in Plett’s Main Street is a foodie’s paradise. There’s also a wide selection of stalls to provide hours of browsing fun, selling frames and books, jewellery and art, hats, and driftwood creations.